Below are details of all our planned events. Others may be added – sign up for email updates to stay up to date.
If you’re new to grief tending, here’s more information about what a Grief tending workshop is and how they work face to face and on line. You could also check out these videos which answer some of the questions people have about tending grief with others. Deep gratitude to Sarah Pletts for their creation!
Workshops coming up
- Half day Zoom workshops continue roughly once a month, see dates below and book here
- Apprenticing to Grief in person programme: Monday 16th – Saturday 21st October 2023. See this page for details
- Grief tending by the Lake – a one day grief journey close to London in a fabulous woodland, on the shore of a tranquil lake. Details below.
- Four day residential workshops will take place in June, Thursday 1st – Sunday 4th and November 30 -December 3rd. Details are here
- If you’re interested in attending a deep dive from your own home be in touch about the 2 day Loving Life, Welcoming Grief workshop – it’s a simple, affordable way to join a profound grief journey.
‘The work continues to surprise me, especially how much it opens me to joy, aliveness and connection. I really believe it holds the seeds of healing most needed at this time.’ Apprenticing to Grief online participant
On line Grief Tending – Short workshops
Book here for all half day on line workshops
- Held on Zoom, these are 4 hours long, and give a rich taste of shared grief tending. Many have been suprised at the depth of expression and witnessing that is reached in these sessions – perhaps a testament to how natural shared grief tending is for us.
- Each session includes calling in support, building safety and trust; stirring and connecting to grief; a ceremony or practice to express, witness and share grief; time for soothing and integration, and preparing to return.
- Faciliated by Sophy, unless shown otherwise, with skilled support.
- Cost: £37 – 70 sliding scale. Please be in touch if you need a low cost place.
- DATES FOR 2023:
- April 18th, Tuesday 3 – 7pm Grief circle
- May 12th, Friday, 9.30am – 1.30pm, Grief circle
- June 15th, Thursday 3 – 7pm, Writing out grief
Booking form is here.
Grief tending by the lake
Give your grief space to move in this one day, in person event in a place surrounded by woods and by water. A full day gives spacious time to connect deeply yourself, others in the group, and whatever grief you are carrying. Hosted by Eagle Heart – thanks to Clare and Michael.
- Saturday April 29th 9.45am – 6pm
- Where: a stunning location beside a lake in private woods, a mile from Sunningdale train station (Waterloo – Reading line). Full details with booking.
- Facilitated by Sophy plus support
- Cost: £70 – £130. Contact us if you need a bursary / low cost place
- See more information and book here .
Apprenticing to Grief – in person and on line
If you’re wanting to deepen your relationship with grief, or gain more skills to hold space for the grief of others, join us for this profound journey into the powerful landscape of shared grief tending.
‘The Apprenticeship has been an immensely rich learning process which I sense will continue to unfold over time.” Apprenticing to Grief online participant
For full details see the Apprenticing to Grief page
Apprenticing to Grief on line
This will be a series of 3 modules which run Friday afternoon – Sunday. The next one will start in early Spring 2024
You’re welcome to apply at any time – see the page here for details.
Apprenticing to Grief in person
- An intensive journey to explore grief tending held at High Heathercombe, a stunning location high on Dartmoor.
- Monday October 16th – Saturday October 21st
- If you are interested, please read detailed information about the programme and how to apply, here.
Grief tending residential workshops
High up on Dartmoor we will gather to honour and tend grief. In our temporary community we create supportive banks of the river through beauty, time in nature, shared connection, warmth and tenderness.
All grief is welcome at all these workshops. Whether you are with personal loss or bereavement, healing from past wounds, disturbed by world or local events, or acknowledging the pain of those who went before still reverberating in your family or community, your grief is deserving of tending, and is welcome.
Residential grief tending workshops allow us to go deeper and tranform more. In the spaciousness of having a series of processes, grief can be expressed and witnessed in different ways, working with the body, words, sound, images, song and more.
“I was surprised at how much laughter and joy as well as tenderness and warmth there was alongside the grief” – 4 day participant
If your grief feels large, or stuck, or you just would like the expansiveness of a spacious journey we recommend this workshop. (We are dreaming the 5 or 6 day version, following requests from previous participants)
- Summer – Thursday June 1st 3pm – Sunday June 4th 2pm 2023
- Cost: £360 – £540 sliding scale. Please let us know on your booking form if you need a bursary or to pay in instalments
- Facilitated by Sophy and Jeremy plus support
- Book here
- Winter dates – Thursday Nov 30th 3pm – Sunday 3rd 3pm. Cost etc as above.
loving life, embracing grief
“This is deep and powerful work which I highly recommend” CA, participant
Being on-line makes Grief tending affordable and accessible for those who feel comfortable joining from home, without the expense and hassle of travel and accommodation. Many have been surprised by the power of connection and warmth created across distance, and the depth of sharing and grief that this workshop has supported.
If you are interested please be in touch – we don’t have dates scheduled but will be in touch if we know there is demand.
- Usual times: Saturday 10 – 12, 2 – 4pm, 7 – 8.30pm; Sunday: 10 – 12, 2 – 4pm
- Cost: £95 – £185 sliding scale with bursary places available
- Sign up to express interest here
In this generous on line journey we’ll take time to call in ceremony, beauty, connection and support; we’ll share different practices to stir, express and witness our grief; alternate between time online together (2 hours or less) and time following our individual journey off line (2 hours or more). We’ll invite music and movement to help feelings and bodies to release; harvest and integrate as we return to our lives.
Feel free to be in touch if you have questions, or see this page for more information about Grief tending on line
“Do it if the word ‘grief tending’ evokes any sort of emotion. Be with whatever you are present to. It will benefit you. And humanity.” DV, participant
More about Grief tending workshops
See more about our range of workshops, including the shape of the journey, different formats we offer, the mystery of doing deep work on line, and some frequently asked questions.
If there’s something you’re looking for and you can’t find it here have a look at our links page, or get in touch and let us know.